Do not ruin your hard-earned workout sweat
For many men, the mark of a well-executed gym workout is when you peel off your clingy workout shirt to reveal a body glistening with sweat. As you pose in front of the mirror and bask in the glory of your gains, you might be tempted not to shower and leave your skin to dry on its own – big mistake.
Sweat accumulation is a skin catastrophe waiting to happen. This haven of bodily fluids, dirt and oil will choke your pores and result in skin redness, discomfort, oily skin and acne flare-ups – now how can that be good when an unsightly layer of skin irritation envelopes your perfectly sculptured gym bod? Here are some skin cleansing tips from LinC Aesthetic Clinic.
Shower immediately after your workout. No, those muscles you’ve pumped are not going to go away just because you took the time to pose in front of the mirror!
Pay attention to your face.
1. Use an oil-free cleanser that is non-comedogenic, meaning it would not block your facial pores.
2. Wash with cool (not hot) water. This would help close up your pores.
3. Dap dry, don’t towel off, as this can cause irritation, especially when your face gets red after a workout.
4. Treat that inflammation: If you suffer from sensitive skin prone to irritation and redness after your workout: dab some serum to calm the skin while unclogging your facial pores.
5. Moisturise: Sweat and water are not the same, so your skin still requires moisture to hydrate itself. LinC moisturiser aims to restore the pH balance you so deserved.
6. Sunblock: Apply sunscreen before you leave the gym. Increased blood flow to your skin from your workout already makes your skin hypersensitive. You do not want to aggravate your skin further with immediate sun exposure!
As you wind down back home and the redness dissipates, try LinC’s oil reduction cream to reduce oil secretions in your pores before you sleep.
LinC’s Treatment serum or cream (customised accordingly for your skin needs), and LinC Moisturiser can be easily purchased over the phone or WhatsApp, or better still, sign up for an initial consultation to ascertain your skin condition so we can customise these products just for your specific skin type.
The initial consult can be done by scheduling an appointment by Telemedicine during the Circuit Breaker or at the clinic after 1st June 2020. You can reach us at +65 9656 3839.
Subsequent orders of LinC’s products can be ordered easily by phone or by Whatsapp, at +65 9656 3839.
Disclaimer: The content and information in this blog article is the opinion of the author and property of LinC Aesthetic Clinic Pte Ltd. It is for educational purposes and not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Kindly contact your medical doctor with questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Relying on information provided by this content is done at your own risk.